Forum - jschmidt-systemberatung.de

× jmootips tooltips package for Joomla

Jmootips & Falang Translation

• Bill D.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago #919 by Bill D.
Jmootips & Falang Translation was created by Bill D.
Hello,
I really appreciate the plugin Jmootips, it's simple and easy to use and to customize. I use it in articles to display others small articles. My site contains two languages.
It seems when I switch to another language the Falang translation is not activated in Jmootips. I've read in a previous german post that Jmootips run with ajax and not with Joomla databases ? Maybe here is the reason ?
So I would like to know if such development will proceed in the nearest future for multilangage sites ?
Actually I use Joomla (Category language 1) for the original article. I translate it with Falang to display it when languages are activated. And Copy paste this translation in Joomla (Category language 2) to disply it in Jmootips.
So if you have a Tips and Tricks to do the job easiest I will be really interested.
I thank you in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #921 by jochen
Replied by jochen on topic Jmootips & Falang Translation
hi,

jmootips uses only the joomla database, if you request a tip via parameter "id". This is always the case wether ajax (via parameter "ajax4id" is used or not). This means if you request article xx (e.g. with {tip id="xx"}) you'll get exacly this article from joomla's database.

jmootips has no knowledge about extensions, which "switch" to another (translated) article-id to implement non standard Joomla multilingual sites. This means that it may be that jmootips's ajax-interface (parameter "ajax4id") may lead to "correct" article (tooltip) if the Falang-extension catches the ajax-request from jmootips.

• Bill D.
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #922 by Bill D.
Replied by Bill D. on topic Jmootips & Falang Translation
I Thank you for you answer.
I've asked to the Falang creator if a solution could be found.
Have a nice day !

Edit : It seems actually there is no way to do that.
It's probably a compatibility trouble with sql request between both extensions.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Bill D..

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #923 by jochen
Replied by jochen on topic Jmootips & Falang Translation
hi,

I've contacted Falang's developer (stephane.bouey@faboba.com), who explained how to support Falang.

I've changed coding of jmootips accordingly (on my test site it worked correctly with Falang). You may download/reinstall new version 1.1.3 of jmootips - this release should display your translations correctly.
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by jochen.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds