Do you like my visitor counter? This counter is a Joomla extension with the possibility to count not only the visitors but also their countries. The web services of geolocation servers are used for this. The respective servers can be used all or selectively. If no server was selected, the assignment and counting of countries is switched off.
Note that jsvisit only counts - IP addresses of visitors are not stored in the database or otherwise used.
A package with two Joomla extensions is provided for using jsvisit Counter. The jsvisit counter system plugin counts users and their countries. The jsvisit counter module provides the display of these counters on your website.
1. Installing the packageYou may install jsvsit counter on your Joomla site via 'Install from Web Catalog' method because jsvsit counter is available in Joomla's Extensions database. Alternatively, carry out the following installation steps:
- Download the jsvsit counter installation file from my website
- Login to your Joomla as an administrator
- Select in the menu: Extensions >> Manage >> Install
- Select the tab: Upload package file
- Click the Choose File button
- Select the package file you downloaded earlier
- The upload and installation will start automatically
jsvisit System Plugin
The counting method can be influenced using the jsvisit System Plugin. A visitor is always recounted when he visits the page again after a defined period of time.
An example: In the jsvisit plugin, this period was set to 300 minutes (5 hours). If visitors visit the page again within the next 5 hours, they will not be counted again, only if more than 5 hours have passed since their last visit. However, this logic requires that cookies are allowed on your website for the use of the time interval. If this is not the case, the visitor counter becomes a hit counter because every page view is counted
If you set the time interval to "0", the visitor counter becomes a hit counter, because every page view is counted.
The jsvisit counter plugin also defines the deployment and use of Geolocation Server. The respective servers can be used all or selectively. The following servers are supported:
If you have not selected any of the provided server, you switch off the assignment and counting of countries.
The jsvisit Module provides 20 different Layouts for counters. These layouts may be customized or extended with own styling information for counters (e.g. visit digitmania where you will find more than 700 different counter layouts)
Counters and layout of the counters are determined by two files. On the one hand the counter image (saved in the directory "../media/mod_jsvisit_counter/images") and on the other hand the file for the properties of the counter image: "counter.props" (from the directory "../modules/mod_jsvisit_counter"). Here you can check all the supplied counters (or your own counters) and see the definitions from "counter.props":
The jsvisit module provides following options:
- Setting of counter to initial or new value
- Number of digits of counter
- Type (layout) of counter
- Random selection of counter type
- Number of displayed countries
- option to set decimal places for perent values
- Option to show today's and yesterday's values
- Option to show this week's' and last week's values
- Option to show this month's and last month's values
- Options to set module layout (four layouts provided)
- Build 126.96.36.199 corrects/adds suppoprt for language tags "en‐AU", "en‐CA", "en‐NZ", "en_US", "de‐AT", "de‐LI", "de‐LU" and "de‐CH"
- In version 188.8.131.52 of the jsvsit module, the multi-language support has been adjusted (the prefix "MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER" has been added). Users using own customized module layouts need to change the following keys in the Joomla "Text::" function in these layouts:
old key new key COUNTRIES MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_COUNTRIES COUNTRY MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_COUNTRY VISITORS MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_VISITORS TODAY MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_TODAY YESTERDAY MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_YESTERDAY THIS_WEEL MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_THIS_WEEK LAST_WEEK MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_LAST_WEEK THIS_MONTH MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_THIS_MONTH LAST_MONTH MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_LAST_MONTH TOTAL MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTER_TOTAL
You now may define the numbers of decimal places for displaying of perent values in the module settings.
- With version 2.1.2 you can now optionally select or switch off servers for the country assignment. In addition, you can now also check the connection and the functionality of these servers.
- Version 2.1.1 has been changed and successfully tested to run with Joomla Version 4.
The jsvisit counter module supports and uses the Joomla interfaces for different national languages. The following should be therefore considered and understood:
- The country name to be displayed is created from the country's database entry and the associated language key.
An example:The database entry in table "#__visitors_country" contains the value "United States".
This is used to build the language key "MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTRY_UNITED_STATES". If this key exists in the Joomla language files (language ini-file or in the overides ini-file) for the specific language, the key value (e.g. "USA") is used. However, if the language key does not exist, the database value is used for the display (i.e. "United States" in this sample) of the country name.
If you want to use your own name or correct the country name, you may change the name in the database or (much easier!) define a language key for the name stored in the database via "Language Override" in the Joomla admin backend. The following nameing for the creation must be observed:
- The country name must be changed to uppercase.
- Spaces in the country name must be replaced with an underscore.
- The key itself is then formed with the prefix "MOD_JSVISIT_COUNTRY_" plus the changed country name.
Download jsvisit - Visitor counter
jsvisit is free software (as is Joomla!) - however you have to adhere to the GPL-lincense conditions to use it. Please learn more about GPL and free software at GNU Org.
To download jsvisit please click the download button:
jsvisit version 2.1.2 for Joomla! (you need at least Joomla! Version 3.2)